Friday, February 24, 2023


...Stories of Hope, Intrigue and the sharp edge of Suspense.

My guest for the first two weeks of March 2023 on Hope Inspired Suspense is author Michael Garrett, with his latest spell-binding release-



Publisher: Soncoast Publishing (Jan. 2023)

When David faced Goliath, he at least had a rock.

Larissa Baxter didn't even have that.

On the run from the FBI for a crime she didn't commit, Arizona socialite Larissa Baxter faces an unexpected threat. The secret life she's been living is about to be exposed, and even though all charges have been dropped, her life remains in danger.

Texas bounty hunter Clyde Hopkins is in way over his head, having been duped by the false promise of a million dollar reward for Larissa's capture and return. With a target now on his own back, his nerves now tight as a drum, Hopkins knows too much. A simple bounty apprehension turns into a kidnapping, and Hopkins, a previously law-abiding citizen, faces a terrible choice—kill or be killed.

With potential death now facing Larissa from opposite directions, she's defenseless but for the strength of her faith.


Michael Garrett ~ Author  
Mike says...

"I feel like I've been a writer my whole life, inspired by my grandmother telling me stories as I sat on her lap as a child.

The most significant influences on my writing have been Rod Serling and Richard Matheson. I write in the style that I love to read--a strong opening line with fast pacing throughout. I always try not to let my stories lag anywhere by not belaboring my reader with insignificant detail. I've heard more than once from readers who finished my novel in one sitting.

One novel in particular has been a huge influence on me -is A KISS BEFORE DYING by Ira Levin. It's what I try to emulate in my books.

As for my life, I tend to think of myself as someone with an average life, but then I realize that:

I've seen both a ghost and a UFO and didn't believe in either of them before.

I've been lost in a cave.

I've experienced being charged at by two biker-gang types leveling shotguns at me.

I've been involved in a car chase when someone tried to run me off the road.

I've saved someone's life.

I've been questioned in a murder investigation (not as a suspect -- as a witness)

I've stood face-to-face with a poisonous snake.

Someday I might base a story on one of those!"

I asked Mike if he actually did these things--and he has!

Where to find Mike: Amazon and everywhere!

His favorite Bible verse? John 8:7  "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
And Mike's favorite hymn..."Amazing Grace."

...Sung by one of my favorite groups--Celtic Woman!




As with my other blog, hopeinspiredstories.blogspot.com I will be offering a comment winner's choice of books featured this month, and in memory of my mother's birthday, a 50.00 amazon gift card.

Thank you...and may you all be blessed and inspired!


The dramatic night time photo of the Charlotte Lighthouse in Rochester, N.Y. was taken by sister-in-Christ, Ginger Strom.

2 comments: